When I tried this, I thought it was so good that I just want to go smack someone! It’s delicious and SO easy to make! It took me about 10 minutes, and that was really just because I was waiting for the noodles to boil. Now, you can make this raw vegan by replacing the noodles with kelp or zucchini noodles, and you can make it gluten free by using tamari instead of nama shoyu. I could not stop eating this stuff, even when I wasn’t hungry!
If you don’t know where to get some of these ingredients, just click the ingredient and you’ll be brought to the product on Amazon.com.
- 1 inch fresh ginger root
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup raw creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup nama shoyu (tamari for gluten free version)
- 3 tbsp brown rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- crushed red pepper flakes, as desired
- 1 package buckwheat noodles
- 1 package frozen Thai mixed vegetables, thawed
- Throw ginger and garlic into strong food processor or blender to mince.
- Add remaining sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Meanwhile, boil noodles as indicated in the package.
- Mix all ingredients together and let sit in the refrigerator for at least a few hours.
- Feel free to garnish with cilantro, sesame seeds, and chopped scallions if desired.