So I was a dork when making this and opted to go with a red color scheme. Might as well, right? Well, except for the basil. But I definitely enjoyed eating this super healthy, almost raw vegan creamy roasted red pepper sauce. And I do love roasted red peppers. But it feels amazing to know you’re eating something that you’ve made from scratch with organic, wholesome ingredients.
Makes 3-4 servings.
- 1 box brown rice pasta
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted (here’s how to roast peppers)
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Soak sundried tomatoes and roast the bell peppers.
- Boil pasta according to instructions.
- Use your food processor or blender to mince the garlic and grind the pine nuts.
- Add water, salt, lemon juice, yest, chili powder, and roasted peppers and blend.
- Drain pasta, return to pot and stir in remainder of ingredients, with the basil last.