This raw vegan, gluten free wrap is so easy to whip up! In actuality, you can choose what items you want in the wrap but I chose these because my taste buds prefer them. What I love is that you can make the barbecue sauce ahead of time and then just assemble the rest of the items at your own leisure. The barbecue sauce takes only a few minutes to whip up, and you’re done!
BBQ Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes (about 20 tomatoes, soaked for at least an hour)
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 tbsp onion
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp unpasteurized apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp nama shoyu (or tamari for gluten-free version)
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup raw honey (or maple syrup for vegans)
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Drain tomatoes, reserving the water.
- Add garlic and onion to food processor or blender and blend.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend.
- Add reserved water, a little at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- Store in refrigerator.
- 1 Paleo Wrap (click ingredient for link)
- 1 romaine lettuce leaf, sliced into fourths
- a few slices red onion
- 2-3 slices tomato
- 2-3 slices avocado (about 1/4 of an avocado)
- 2-3 thin slices tempeh
- 1-2 tbsp BBQ sauce
- Arrange vegetables and tempeh on wrap.
- Drizzle sauce on top.
- Roll and enjoy!