I have a sweet tooth. And I’ve been trying to add more protein into my diet. This was a wonderful way to combined the two. I had other people try it and they found it to be delicious. The recipe makes a dozen cookies, but I need to make bigger batches, because these babies are not lasting very long! They are so easy to make, too!
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a small and strong blender or food processor, blend the oats and walnuts until they form a flour-like consistency. Add protein, almond flour, cinnamon, and extracts.
- In a medium-to-large bowl, mash the bananas.
- Stir the remaining ingredients to combine.
- Scoop up the dough and place onto baking sheet into round balls, with each cookie placed about an inch apart from the other.
- Bake for about 13 minutes, and then let sit for 10 minutes before removing from sheet and serving.