If you haven’t already heard, chia seeds are awesome for you. They have those essential Omega fatty acids and have plenty of protein and fiber. They are incredibly useful when you want to figure out a way to have guilt free yet absolutely healthy and nutritious pudding. This totally hits the spot for me when I want something sweet, cold and creamy. You can use any frozen fruit you want, but I love adding frozen mango because as the mango defrosts, the juices spread throughout the rest of the pudding.
Chia seeds are also wonderful for your digestive system. So if you are looking to lose weight, definitely have some of this raw vegan, gluten free pudding!
Makes 4 servings.
- 9 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- frozen fruit of choice
- Blend dates in food processor or blender.
- Add coconut milk and extracts and blend.
- Divide mixture into 4 containers and stir in 1 tbsp seeds into each container.
- Top with frozen fruit and let sit in fridge for at least 2 hours. Keeps for about 4 days.
Bonus: Raw Vegan Berry Compote
I whipped thi1s up using leftover berries and some sweetener, so keep in mind these measurements are approximations. It is super simple but still delicious. Frozen leftover pineapples were included within the picture shown below.
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 2-3 tbsp agave nectar or maple syrup
- Purée half the berries with the agave nectar or maple syrup.
- Add remaining berries and pulse.
- Serve by spooning some of the compote on top of the pudding. Store separately from pudding.