Traditional potato salad is typically very unhealthy. Lots of carbs and fat, no nutrients. Well, now you can enjoy the taste without any of the guilt, and with plenty of nutrition added as a bonus! For this recipe, I incorporated a raw vegan mayonnaise recipe I found from The Rawtarian. Most of this recipe is raw vegan – the only exception are the potatoes.
- 6 medium potatoes, largely chopped (I used 3 sweet potatoes and 3 white potatoes)
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise (click for recipe – MUST use raw vegan mayonnaise, otherwise this recipe is NOT healthy)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 medium celery stalks, diced
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, diced
- 1 medium to large carrot, diced
- Set a steamer basket in a large pot, and add enough salted water to come just below basket. Bring to a boil.
- Place potatoes in basket, cover pot, and reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Steam potatoes, gently tossing occasionally, until tender, about 30-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Add potatoes and remaining ingredients and stir well. Refrigerate until cold.