So I was trying to come up with finger-food to make for a meeting I had coming up that was healthy, not to mention vegan and gluten-free, and I ended up brainstorming this thing up. I originally wanted to roll them up and slice them, but the tortillas were too thick to be rolled, so I ended up stacking them like a quesadilla and cutting them into small triangles. They were delicious! I am so proud that the entire thing was made from scratch and had lots of flavor. I made the tortillas and pesto ahead of time, and then assembled them the day before the meeting, since I didn’t have much free time. So not only are they healthy, but they’re high in fiber and protein!
As always, if you don’t have some of these ingredients, just click the ingredient and you’ll be taken to the appropriate amazon.com page. It’s easy to make these in parts. Here’s how:
- 1 cup dried chickpeas
- 2 tbsp flaxseeds, freshly ground
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 2/3 cup water, or more
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- pinch of salt
- pinch of ground cumin
- Rinse chickpeas and allow to dry completely.
- Whisk together ground flaxseeds and warm water and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Whisk all remaining ingredients together.
- Add some coconut oil to a frying pan on medium heat and add 1/4 of the batter. Let cook for 2-3 minutes and flip. Allow the other side to cook for a minute or two before removing.
- Repeat the process for the rest of the batter. There shouldn’t be a need to add more oil each time.
Sundried Tomato Pesto
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes, previously soaked in water for at least an hour
- 1 cup packed fresh basil or 1/2 cup dried basil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Blend all ingredients together in a food processor or strong blender.
Makes 12 wedges.
- Chickpea tortillas
- Sundried Tomato Pesto
- 1-2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- a bunch of spinach leaves
- Place a tortilla flat and spread an even layer of pesto on top.
- Layer tomato slices on top, followed by some spinach leaves.
- Spread an even layer of pesto on top of another tortilla, and place that tortilla on top of the other ingredients, pesto-side down.
- Slice into 6 wedges.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Leave A Comment