I can’t think of many things better than guilt free, healthy dessert. I mean, how can you go wrong with dessert that’s actually GOOD for you?? So I have a thing for raspberry jam. These bars are basically bars with raspberry jam, topped with icing. The awesome part is that they’re made with chia seeds, which are superb for your body and contain the essential omega fatty acids. Plus, raspberry has lots of antioxidants and coconut water has electrolytes. Then you got nuts for more protein and fiber…it’s crazy that dessert can do so much good to your body. So definitely try out these raw vegan, gluten free bars. Your body AND your taste buds will thank you! Eating clean never tasted so good! So check out this awesome and easy recipe below.
- 9 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 1/4 cup dried coconut
- 3/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
Blend all ingredients and press onto a wax/parchment lined pan. Set in fridge to firm up.
Raspberry Jam Layer (can be made ahead of time; lasts 3-4 days in refrigerator or can be frozen)
- Blend water and dates until the dates have broken up.
- Add raspberries and chia seeds and pulse until it gets that chunky jam look.
- Place in a glass container and cover. Place in fridge for at least 30 minutes for the flavors to infuse and the chia seeds to thicken up the jam.
- To assemble, spread this on top of the base.
- 1/3 cup dried coconut
- 1/3 cup raw walnuts
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
Pulse until crumbly. Sprinkle over the raspberry later. Optional to sprinkle a couple tablespoons of raw cacao nibs as well if you like dark chocolate.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted (melts at a little above room temperature)
- 2 tbsp raw coconut butter, softened
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
Mix together. Drizzle at the top. Place your bars in the fridge to set.