Oh gosh, what can I say about this? Of course, it’s super healthy and it’s vegan. Of course, it’s delicious. You’ll be getting your protein and fiber for sure! And it’s SUPER easy! Probably half an hour to make, which includes waiting for the pasta water to boil. Normal alfredo is more complicated and there’s nothing in it that’s good for you! I love this dish. I really do.
I know eating clean can be intimidating and hard to stick with, so when I want to “indulge” in something fatty, this totally hits the spot! So do yourself a favor and try out this recipe!
Makes 3-4 servings.
- 1 pound brown rice pasta (I like to use this one)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked at least 1 hour (preferably overnight)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- juice of 1 lemon
- pinch garlic powder
- pinch onion powder
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, soaked at least 1 hour and sliced
- 1/2 vidalia onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped green beans
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- In a food processor or blender, blend cashews and water thoroughly.
- Add yeast, salt, oil, flour, lemon juice, powders, and coconut milk and blend.
- Drain pasta and return to pot. Add sauce and remaining ingredients, and cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes until sauce thickens.
Love this recipe, how can I pin it to my pinterest?
Thanks for your help,
Hi BT! Thanks! If you hover your mouse over any of the pictures, there should be a link that pops up that says “Pin it.” Hope that helps!
Great thanks, got it.