Oh My Deliciousness!! This is so amazing, you’d have a hard time believing it’s whole and nutritious! Gently cooked vegan, gluten free pancake cinnamon rolls – now you can have your guilty pleasure breakfast food without the guilt! I LOVE it when food not only bursts with flavor in your mouth BUT your body also gets to reap the benefits of the nutrients. I didn’t bother cleaning my blender between uses, aside from a quick rinse. For those of you who are against using raw honey, you can replace it with maple syrup but the taste will be significantly different.
Ingredients to be done first:
- 3/4 cup raw almonds, soaked at least 1 hour (preferably overnight)
- 1 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 cup rolled oats (or oat flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 2 small ripe bananas
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 tbsp raw honey (I use the solid kind, so if you prefer the liquid kind, I do not know how runny the result will be)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp raw coconut butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Drain almonds and blend with water. Strain through a nut milk bag and set aside liquid. This is your almond milk.
- Preheat oven to 225º and heat a little coconut oil on a large pan on low heat.
- Grind oats, then add baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and blend. Set aside.
- Add remaining batter ingredients plus 1/2 cup of the almond milk to blender or food processor and blend.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in blender and blend.
- Pour half the batter onto the pan and cook it on medium low until bubbles start popping and the bottom of the batter becomes light to medium brown in color. You want to spread out the pancake wide and fairly thin.
- Flip batter and cook on the other side for a few minutes, leaving it mostly undercooked.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter, making 2 large pancakes.
- Meanwhile, blend the filling ingredients until it is fairly smooth.
- Spread the filling mixture evenly onto both pancakes, stopping about half an inch from the edges.
- Roll the pancakes and cut the roll about 2″ apart, making 2″ high cinnamon rolls.
- Place the rolls back onto the pan and put the pan into the oven for about 10 minutes.
- While that is cooking, melt coconut butter. An easy way to do this is to place coconut butter in a shallow cup or bowl, and place the cup or bowl inside a larger bowl filled with very hot water. If you stir constantly, the coconut butter should melt within a couple minutes.
- Blend melted coconut butter with the remainder of the ingredients and 1.5-2 tbsp of the almond milk. If you have any leftover almond milk and feel uneasy about throwing it out, add a little bit of vanilla extract and maple syrup and enjoy a small beverage!
- Once the rolls are done baking, remove and drizzle icing over the rolls for some soft, gooey deliciousness!