I found a way to get all the wonderful nutrients of wheatgrass in a yummy dessert, with plenty of protein! For those who are trying to lose weight, I highly recommend that you incorporate strength training in your diet and increase your consumption of protein – this will help with killing off that fat! This pudding is awesome because it has the omega-3s from the chia seeds, as well as about 17 grams of protein per serving (makes 4), and all the healthy fats from the coconut milk and chia seeds, ON TOP of the powerhouse punch that wheatgrass provides! And it’s SO easy to make, too!
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 4-6 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (or more) wheatgrass powder
- 3/4 cup dehusked mung beans
- 1 cup water or more
- Add chia seeds to a large container.
- Shake the can of coconut milk until the liquids and solids mix together and combine milk, syrup, and wheatgrass powder in a container.
- Rinse mung beans and add to a large pot. The beans should be a thin layer across the bottom. Add enough water so that it rises above the layer by about half an inch. You can add more if you want the beans to become softer and thicker.
- Heat beans on medium low until they simmer. Reduce heat to low until most of the water is absorbed into the beans and the beans have softened, about 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally. There should be no more water rising above the layer of beans. You can always adjust the water and amount of mung beans to your taste, or let it heat longer if you want the beans even softer.
- Add beans and remaining water from the pot into the container and stir until the solid chunks liquefy and blend with the rest of the dessert.
- Stir in chia seeds.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for at least a few hours and serve cold.
Leave A Comment