I’m not usually a fan of Mexican/Texan food, but this vegan recipe is delicioso! It has a slight kick to it, depending on how sensitive your taste buds are, but the combination of flavors makes this dish so amazing. But all you need is a pot and a food processor or blender! So very easy and yummy that you won’t believe it’ll actually help you detoxify and lose weight!
Makes 4 servings.
- 1 box brown rice pasta
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked at least 2 hours (preferably overnight)
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, soaked at least 2 hours
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp southwest chili powder
- 1/2 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped,
- 1 bag green peas
- a bunch cilantro, chopped
- Boil pasta according to instructions.
- Add garlic cloves and lemon juice into blender/food processor to mince the garlic.
- Add drained sundried tomatoes to chop.
- Add drained cashews, spices, yeast, miso paste, and sea salt, then add coconut milk.
- Drain pasta and return to pot. Add sauce and remaining ingredients and stir until everything is coated with the sauce.