Sinus congestion is horrible – not being able to breathe, going through boxes of tissues, restless nights, etc. If you want to relieve it without resorting to medicine, here’s what to do:
- Use a neti pot once a day. The neti pot will irrigate your sinuses, freeing up some of the congestion and washing out some of the stuff stuck in there that may be causing the congestion in the first place.
- Take raw honey and cinnamon 3 times a day.
- Drink at least 16 ounces of green juice for breakfast every day.
- Get upside down! Going upside down will also help free up some of the congestion. It will be hard at first because you won’t be able to breathe at all through your nose but stay upside down and you’ll notice the congestion starts getting looser and moving around.
- Massage your face to loosen things up. I use my fingers to massage the area between my cheekbones and my nose, the area below my eyes, in outward circles. Also try massaging the area outside of the eye cavity, just above the nose but below the brows, as well as your cheekbones.
- After a hot shower, immediately blow your nose.
- AVOID DAIRY! Dairy already causes mucus buildup in your body (albeit in the colon, not the nose) but you will make your body work even harder to get rid of the sinus congestion if you consume dairy. In fact, you should ideally stick to as much of a raw vegan diet as you can. Also try eating spicy food.
And there you go! If you do all of these, you’ll notice major strides within a day or two, and should be able to completely kick the congestion’s butt soon after that.